Every Tuesday in my house we celebrate my husband’s California roots. Now, he’s not of Latin decent but he grew up on nothing but Mexican food. When he was young he and his parents always had Taco Tuesday. Now we continue the tradition in our own home.
Even though I LOVE me some Mexican food, eating the same tacos every single Tuesday does get a little old. So today I decided to mix it up a bit. My girls and I made a Mexican pizza, bought some authentic Mexican soda and made some Mexican Fried Ice Cream (one of my favorite desserts). I want to share my little way of making these delights and maybe you too can start your own taco tuesday tradition!
Some of the best soda’s I’ve had. The fruit punch was my favorite!
- Flour Tortillas
- Refried Beans
- Ground Hamburger Meat
- Taco Cheese blend
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Lettuce
Taco Pizza is one of my favorite dishes to make. Oh My Goodness, it is so good!
- To begin, spray a pie pan or even a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown chopped onions, garlic and hamburger on the stove top. Season with cumin, salt, pepper and any other delicious herbs or spices you might want to throw in there.
- Lay one flour tortilla in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread a thick layer of refried beans on top of the flour tortilla.
- Next spoon your meat mixture on top of the beans.
- Set another flour tortilla on top and bake for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes, remove from oven. Spread salsa on top of the flour tortilla..
- Sprinkle cheese on top of salsa.
- Bake again for 5 more minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Once the cheese has melted, top your pizzas with some of your favorite toppings like sour cream, guacamole, shredded lettuce or olives.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice up the pizza. Enjoy!
Mexican Fried Ice Cream!
Seriously, ice cream just doesn’t get any better than Mexican Fried Ice Cream. Ok, so in this recipe you do NOT fry anything. It’s a simple and delicious dessert that will be a great end to Taco Tuesday night!
- Vanilla Ice cream
- 1 tblsp Cinnamon
- Corn Flakes
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Crush up about a cup of corn flakes in a bowl.
- Add cinnamon to the flakes (use more of less cinnamon based on your personal tastes)
- Add Sugar to the mix
- Scoop out vanilla ice cream into round balls
- Roll the ice cream ball in the corn flake mix
- Place in serving bowl
- Drizzle with honey and enjoy!
I hope that you and your family can enjoy a Taco Tuesday meal of your own!