If you need a party/potluck dish quick, fast and cheap then this Hot and Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect answer! My husband and I LOVE anything with lots of jalepenos, crushed red pepper or hot pepper sauce. It never gets old! My husband uses hot pepper sauce like it’s ketchup. Seriously, it goes on everything from biscuits and gravy (I’m guilty of this also) to spaghetti. Hot pepper sauce, like Tabasco, is amazing and if used correctly can bring out a dishes flavor OR provide a nice kick in the pants.
This recipe originates from the Tabasco company’s website. Here I’ve added my own slight tweak to the preparation.
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese (regular cream cheese is best, no low fat or fat free but it’s up to you)
- 2 cans of chicken breast OR cook up some chicken breast (2 cups shredded chicken breast)
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk ranch
- 1/2 cup of Buffalo Tobasco sauce (I have used the Buffalo flavor and regular flavor)
- 1/3 cup shredded Mozarella cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
What To Do:
- According to the recipe, you should preheat your oven to 350 F. Mix the softened cream cheese and ranch together in a deep baking dish. Then add the Mozarella, Tabasco and chicken and bake for 15-20 minutes. Once done add the blue cheese on top. This is their way. #2 is how I do it.
- Dump all but blue cheese in a small crock pot. Turn it on. Stir until melted and combined thoroughly. Serve.
I like simplicity, especially if I’m in a hurry or need to transport the item somewhere. I hope you enjoy this! If you make this same recipe, or something similar, I would love to hear about it!